Susan is an experienced Estate & Trust Attorney at DeWitt. She works closely with business owners, professionals, families and individuals to ensure assets are protected from creditors and taxes through thoughtful estate planning, estate administration, business succession planning, guardianships and probate avoidance.
One of her specialties is in the area of trusts. She is able to assist in trust administration, revision, creation and termination. Susan serves as a Court representative for probate, probate litigation, trust litigation, guardianship and conservatorship. She also assists in the development of estate plans including wills, power of attorney, health care directives, and living wills.
Coming from a family of entrepreneurs and farmers, Susan understands the importance of having a plan in place for the future of your business. The careful listening and understanding of her client’s goals is a skill her clients appreciate. She has the ability to explain the technical concepts to reach your goals in a way that is easily understood.
- June 20 , 2016 - "Trusts 101: One-Day Seminar, Revocable Living Trusts & Estate Planning for the Disabled," National Business Institute, 8:30 - 5:00, Bloomington, MN - Order the materials here.
- June 16, 2016 - "End of Life Planning Workshop," 10:00 am OR 6:00 pm, St. Peter's Church Heritage Center, St. Paul, MN
- "Legacy Workshop presented by: Building Legacies International and LegacyNavigator®," May 20, 2016
- "Legal Tools," Community Workshop sponsored by O'Halloran & Murphy Funeral and Cremation Service, May 12, 2016
- "Women, Wealth and Wellness," January 2015
- "Exit Strategies for Business Owners," September 2013