Rob has practiced primarily in the area of family law since 1982. He has substantial experience in high net worth cases involving complex assets that are difficult to value, such as closely-held business entities, commercial real estate, and intellectual property. He is skilled in both litigation and alternative dispute resolution, and he has a high success rate both in trying cases to a conclusion and in reaching settlements through mediation. He has extensive appellate court experience before both the Minnesota Court of Appeals and the Minnesota Supreme Court, and he is listed on the Minnesota Supreme Court Roster of Qualified Neutrals.
In February of 2014, Attorney At Law Magazine featured Rob as Attorney of the Month.
- Successfully represented celebrities in the entertainment business and other prominent public figures.
- Successfully litigated the value of closely-held business entities, or claimed value, ranging from millions, tens of millions, and even hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Successfully represented clients in highly contested custody disputes, including disputes involving one parent’s request to move with the children out of state.
- Successfully litigated the validity, enforceability, and interpretation of prenuptial agreements.
- Successfully litigated the amount and duration of spousal maintenance in highly contested cases.
- Successfully represented the prevailing parties in two landmark Minnesota Supreme Court Cases -- McKee-Johnson, which established standards for prenuptial agreements in Minnesota, and Antone, which reaffirmed the formula for determining the marital portion of appreciated premarital real estate.
Awards & Recognitions
- “Super Lawyer” since 2003 by Minnesota Law & Politics and Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine
- Best Lawyers in America® - Family Law - Since 2014