Representing real estate lenders, developers and others in 41 states and the District of Columbia, Paul regularly advises his clients on legal issues in the acquisition, sale, financing and leasing of shopping centers, office, industrial, apartment, and medical office buildings, self storage facilities, warehouses, ethanol facilities, hotels and other commercial properties.. He has closed more than 900 commercial loans totaling more than $8.78 billion. Paul also has extensive expertise in banking, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and taxation.
In addition to his real estate and business experience, Paul also has extensive experience in representing Wisconsin insurance companies and related regulatory matters.
Paul always takes time to thoroughly understand his client’s needs and objectives and offers a practical, common sense approach to the realization of those objectives through zealous negotiation, creativity and timely delivery of legal services.
Paul represents real estate lenders, developers, insurance companies, businesses, and individuals.
- Works extensively with life insurance companies in documenting, closing and enforcing commercial real estate loans in 41 states and the District of Columbia.
- Extensive experience in representation of insurance industry entities in regulatory and corporate transactional areas.
- Worked with the project manager and handled the legal aspects of development, project management, and construction of the University of Wisconsin’s basketball and hockey arena, the Kohl Center.
- Successfully assisted the owner in acquiring out of bankruptcy and financing thru a hedge fund and State of Wisconsin grants/loans a paper company in Wisconsin.
- Successfully represented an insurance company in the sale of a $20 million commercial office building loan owned by TIC Investors.
- Extensive experience in assisting high net worth individuals in matters relating to tax and estate planning, business succession planning, and marital property planning, and trust creation.