Patrick represents clients in the areas of construction litigation, defense of design professionals, real property, landlord-tenant law, bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, and general civil litigation. He advises clients on ways to limit future exposure and methods to avoid legal problems before they develop into litigation. His practice includes extensive experience with bankruptcy and procedures, including Chapter 11.
Types of Clients
He represents design professionals, contractors and property owners in a variety of matters, including title disputes, real property litigation, homeowner’s association, mechanic’s lien foreclosure actions and defense, public project bond litigation, and contract, warranty and negligence claims. Patrick also works with banks and lenders regarding foreclosures, secured transactions and other lending issues
- Served as counsel for a Chapter 7 Trustee for a number of years, during that time, he brought a number of adversary actions for preference recovery, turn over, exemptions and a variety of other matters.
- Represented commercial property owners in large Chapter 11 cases.
- Recovered significant amounts for creditors in bankruptcy matters.
- Successful defense of a preference action with potential liability in excess of $100,000 and successfully navigated clients through the issues and documents filed in large Chapter 11 filings.
- Represented corporations and individuals in creditor actions in bankruptcy cases, including Chapter 7, 11 and 13 cases.
- Represented banks and other creditors in a variety of matters, including all aspects of bankruptcy, replevin, foreclosure and other litigation to recover funds or collateral from debtors. This included eviction proceedings and collection actions.
- Successfully negotiated workouts as well as asset recovery situations.
Defense of Design Professionals
- Represented numerous architects, engineers and other design professionals against claims. Such representation included a successful motion for summary judgment on behalf of a designer resulting in no liability in a case with exposure in excess of $2,000,000.
- Brought successful actions to remove tenants from properties, including while tenant was in bankruptcy, as well as collected amounts owed under the lease. He has presented seminars on best practices for leases and dealing with tenants.
- Represented major commercial landlords and banks in a variety of consumer and commercial matters.
- Assisted large commercial property owners with complex issues which arise in Chapter 11 filings by tenants or others.
- Represented contractors and property owners in a variety of matters, including mechanic’s lien foreclosure actions and defense, public project bond litigation, and contract and warranty claims.
- Advised clients on ways to limit future exposure and proper methods to avoid problems before they develop into litigation.
Patrick regularly presents seminars on a variety of topics, including loss mitigation for design professionals, foreclosure, real property issues, and bankruptcy as well as other construction and design related matters.
- "Real Estate Transactions Gone Wrong," Webcast, December 16, 2014