Jon is a Shareholder at the DeWitt law firm, where he has practiced civil litigation since 1974.
In 1995, Jon was appointed by the Wisconsin Supreme Court to the Board of Attorneys Professional Responsibility (“BAPR”), the predecessor to the Office of Lawyer Regulation (“OLR”), and served through 2000. Jon also served on the Bench Bar Committee of the State Bar from 1991-1996.
For the past 12 years, Jon has continued to serve as a Board member of the University of Wisconsin law School Friends of the Remington Center Endowment, which funds criminal justice programs at the UW Law School.
In addition, Jon has been active in Combat Blindness International, and has served on the Development Committee.
Jon is a well-respected litigator with an impressive record. Some of his cases have resulted in landmark decisions in Wisconsin and federal appellate courts, including the United States Supreme Court.
His clients include corporations, non-profits, governmental entities, and individuals. Jon has also represented many individuals pro bono.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV rated for 30 years
- Fellow of the Wisconsin Law Foundation
- Best Lawyers in America® – Commercial Litigation – Since 1995
- Super Lawyers® in Wisconsin – Business Litigation – 2005-2006, 2010-2018
- “Top Lawyer” – Madison Magazine
Major Professional Positions
- DeWitt Law Firm Attorney and Shareholder, 1974-present
- UW Law School, Part-time faculty position in criminal law, 1974-1980
- Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia Staff Attorney