John concentrates his practice in the area of Litigation, Construction Litigation and Civil Litigation with an emphasis on commercial litigation and product liability litigation. He also has experience with secured transactions, creditors’ remedies and bankruptcy.
John represents clients in a variety of industries, including large corporations and insurance companies.
- Secured a Rule 12 dismissal of commercial property damage lawsuit against a national pest control vendor in the Northern District of Illinois based on federal venue statutes.
- Successfully defended negligence action brought against insurance agency both at district court level and on appeal before the Supreme Court of North Dakota.
- Successfully litigated and tried to verdict a creditor’s nondischargeability fraud action against former investment advisor in Bankruptcy Court adversary proceeding.
Articles and Presentations
- “The Trial Lawyer’s Guide to Mandatory Arbitration Clauses,” Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, May 24, 2017
- “The Law of Attraction: Marketing and Attorney Development Tops for DRI’s Young Lawyers,” Defense Research Institute’s The Whisper, September 2016
- “A Look at Implied Indemnification Under Minnesota Limited Liability Company Act,” Attorney at Law Magazine, January 2014