Get help from one of our tax attorneys in Madison, Milwaukee, or Minneapolis.
Taxation issues are too complex and far-reaching not to have the best representation possible. Our lawyers have the experience and background necessary to help our clients develop and defend successful tax strategies.
Whether it is a federal, state, income, sales or use, excise, ad valorem, estate, or gift tax issue we have the skills you need. Some of the tax advice services we provide to our clients include:
- Tax litigation and advocacy in state and federal forums. This includes representation arising from examinations, audits, trials, appeals, and related claims and defenses in connection with individuals and companies.
- Tax and business planning for closely held corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies, including asset and entity acquisitions, dispositions, and taxable and tax-deferred transactions.
- Corporate taxation, including corporate formations, distributions, and reorganization, as well as shareholder agreements.
- Flow-through and disregarded entities, including partnership and limited liability company and S-corporation formations, allocations, distributions, and dissolutions
- State and local taxes, including sales and use tax, real estate transfer fees, and excise taxes.
- Tax controversies arising from or pertaining to bankruptcy, marriage, divorce, decedents’ estates, trusts, probate, embezzlement, and foreign accounts.
- Matters pertaining to collection activity, including offers in compromise, installment agreements, liens, levies, warrants, and other methods of seizure.
- Real estate development and investment tax issues.
- Non-profit organizations.
- Individual taxation, including federal and state income taxes, and estate and gift taxes.
- Compensation-related tax matters, including deferred-compensation and retirement plans, and equity-based compensation.
If you would like more information on our tax advocacy attorneys, please contact Fred Brouner at email@example.com or 608-252-9341.